I still remember my funny faces that I would make in my childhood, when my mother brought me a glass of milk. I realize it now how the difficult it would have been for my mom to convince me for finishing my glass. I still laugh at those silly excuses of mine not to drink milk.
But those were the childhood things. Now, I know it provides health benefits to people of all age group as milk good for kids but also for adults at the same time.
Another disease that occurs in kids as a result of calcium deficiency is, Rickets. As a result of this disease, the limbs of children get deformed and they become unable to move properly. Vitamin D is present in Milk which helps in the absorption of calcium.
TYPE OF MILK?
The main constituent of milk is sugar in the form of carbohydrates called Lactose. Another important nutrient in milk is, calcium. Milk is a rich source of calcium for the body of all age group people. Calcium is an important element needed in the proper growth of bones. The deficiency of calcium can cause osteoporosis or osteoarthritis. The brittleness of bones increases the chances of bone cancer in the future.
Type of milk is dependent upon the requirements and body types. For infants, Goat’s milk is said to be the best but, since goats are not found in the towns much, cow’s milk can be used.
Cow’s milk provides 67 kilo calories while buffalo milk supplies 117 kilo calories of energy per 100 ml.
The fat content in buffalo milk is double than that of cow milk. Mother Dairy, Amul Daily and many such dairies are also in the market where we can buy milk and milk products. The configuration process is used in dairies for fat separation. There two third of fat is saturated while one third is unsaturated. We know that without strong bones and skeletons we cannot move along.
Due to deficiency of calcium and weak bones one gets tired easily and the chances of the breakage of bones also increases. Normally a serving of milk which is normally 35% is sufficient enough to add in your daily life. But if the bones and teeth are week, then increase the quantity of milk consumed.
Milk is one of the best sources of calcium for the body.
Milk is filled with Vitamin D that helps the body in absorbing calcium.
Proper calcium intake contributes to strong and healthy bones.
Drinking milk provides other benefits such as healthy teeth, hydration and improves vitamin intake.
MILK AS CURING THERAPY:
(1) Cure of acidity: Acidity causes burning sensation in stomach and headaches. Milk can be used to cure acidity. One should take cold water if suffered with acidity or peptic ulcers but avoid hot milk as it can worsen the problem. Drink a combination of water and raw milk if your are suffering with burning sensations while urinating.
(2) Milk for Skin Care: Steam of boiled milk is good for skin as it opens pore and removes dust. This is the best steam treatment that you can give to your skin.
(3) Milk for Gas, Common Cold, Asthma: one common problem which most of the people fight with is cough, asthma or allergies due to anything. In order to fight with these common diseases water should be boiled with 5-6 peppers. Drinking this milk one gets relieved of above symptoms as it prevents the formation of gas inside.
(4) Milk in Breakfast: one of the best fruit which is high in calories is banana. Using banana with milk as a milk shake would be the best start of a day no doubt. This will keep your stomach full and you active throughout the day. So start your day with a glass of milk with banana. This is good for growing children also.
Testing of Pure Milk: In order to check purity of milk, you need not to go outside as it can be done very easily at home. To carry out the test just pour few drops of milk on a slanted vessel and let it come down its own. If the milk comes without stopping then it is not pure but if it comes leaving behind the spots then it is pure.
DRAWBACK OF MILK
1. One of the main drawback of milk is that it lacks iron. So an infant must be started with iron rich food while he is on milk diet.
2. Milk can cause gas, bloating, cramping like symptoms as a result of an enzyme, lactose, present in it. The cure is to take cold milk instead of hot milk.
3. Many people of allergy to the milk intake so they should avoid having it.
If we drop the drawback of milk then will find that otherwise milk is a good drink for body. The essential minerals in milk are Calcium, Phosphorous, Sodium and Potassium.
Omilights love to post every informative piece of information on the website. We want to connect the world by way of reading and sharing information, that is why we have not restricted our postings to one or more categories. We will post whatever would be useful and happening round the world, and also hoping for your valuable feedback and comments.