Doing exercise is always important, no matter how intensive it is. One should always workout and remain active whether it is summers or winters.
Exercising keeps body weight and BMI in proper ratio. Also, the other body fitness parameters like blood pressure, blood sugar etc. remain in balance.
There are few things which one needs to follow while doing an exercise. Most importantly if you are working in cold climate.
So the question is How to exercise in cold weather?
Tips to Exercise in Cold Weather
- First thing is that if you have any medical problems or recovering from an illness, always take permission and guidance from a medical practitioner first. It becomes very important if you are suffering with Asthma or any other breathing problems.
- Wear warm and comfortable clothes throughout the exercise session. Also, do not put off your warm clothes after the workout session is off. This can make you sick and weaker.
- Wear good quality of shoes of correct size while doing jogging or running, as most of the pressure falls on ankles and foot. So, shoes and socks matter a lot.
- If it is too cold outside, it is advisable to exercise inside only. If recovering from some illness always start with small steps climbing or stair climbing. Doing 20 minutes of stair climbing is a very good exercise otherwise.
- You can use terrace as your jogging ground if it is not possible to go to some jogging park. The aim of any workout is to tire yourself and sweat more, and that can be done while staying at home also if the weather conditions do not allow you to go outside.
- If anytime you feel dizzy or loose of breath then don’t be surprised. It is very common situation and happens when one exercises in cold; relax and take rest for a while.
- Never go unplanned and do not think that you get up and start doing exercise any time. Everything needs to be in a planned manner and start with small little exercise like small steps of walking or climbing stairs, and then increase your level of exercise.
- The body muscles are not very flexible during cold weather, and it takes a lot of time to make your body cold and warm. So do some warm-up exercises first to prepare you for any exercise. You can do yoga or breathing exercises also. This will reduce any chances of your muscle damage.