Being overweight and in particular, obese is a major risk factor for several chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, stroke, and certain types of cancer. In a busy lifestyle where it takes efforts to even take a breath, a quick fix method to shed extra kilo seems to be a lucrative idea. Isn’t it? Even healthcare companies are tossing up the needs of the general population through the introduction of new gadgets in market time-to-time. People who desperately want to look lean are the most prone to fall prey to their traps.
Slim Sauna belts are the new addition to the personal grooming range. These fat melting devices have become choice of many people in a short span of time with the prime advantage of easy-to-use which can be easily fit into your routine lifestyle. Companies promoting Sauna belts, claiming that these magic devices will melt away your body weight in no time.
Basically, slim sauna is a thermal belt which when braced around the problematic areas, belly, thighs, upper arms, butt, etc., more notorious for fat gain, generate heat and makes you sweat to melt down your stubborn fat from these regions. But, the question crops up here, is it so easy to melt body fat? After all, it’s human body fat, not butter which melts in no time when you place it on a hot girdle.
Slim Belts are recommended to be used for 15-20 minutes during the day. You can use them at your ease while doing daily chores, gyms or watching television. Companies are projecting these belts like magical wand which will make you slim just heating up your body by making it sweat. The more you sweat the more you lose!
Neither I am a weight loss adviser nor have experience of using sauna slim belt ever, but still, I am in doubt about the credibility of these slim wraps. However, several facts that you need to know before you go investing in something like the sauna belt for weight loss are:
- First of all, let’s see from where does extra fat come in the body. Two basic reasons: more caloric intake than required or lesser physical activity to burn extra fat
- Weight loss and fat loss are two different terms. Weight loss is an overall decrease, quantitatively can be seen on weighing machine. This could be from water loss, muscle loss, fat loss. Fat loss, however, is the amount of body fat we lose, and this is done when the body burns off more calories than it consumes in a given day
- Human body fat is not like butter which melts within a fraction of seconds on a hot girdle. It’s a human body! Suppose, it is melted– where would that liquid fat go? With sweat? Big No!
- Sweat primarily consist of water and electrolytes. Moreover, fat is not water-soluble, so there is no chance that fat would melt and perspire in your sweat
- So, if you are sweating you are losing water which eventually gets replaced over the course of a day or two. All your efforts go into the drain.
- Only temporary loss of weight may be because of partial liquefaction of the abdominal fat that solidifies upon withdrawing the heat stimulus.
- Benefits of yoga in losing weight is obvious if sweating is a reason to lose weight. How is it possible to lose weight with yoga even if you sweat less?
- Many people consider spot reduction is a myth. You cannot lose weight only from one side of your body, when you lose weight you lose from your entire body.
- These belts can disturb your metabolism, a sound metabolism is a must to burn your calories and keep your weight in check.
- The most effective way to lose weight is a controlled diet and regular exercise. Nothing can replace this.
Side Effects of Using Sauna Slim Belt
- Increase in temperature due to sauna slim belts can result in various heart diseases and can also cause high blood pressure.
- Localized burns due to uncontrolled temperature
- Sauna slim belts can cause produces skin irritation, rashes and Stomach Pain
- The increase in body temperature and loss of water or fluids from the body can dehydrate you
- The increase in sweat rate while wearing the belt also results in electrolyte imbalance in the body