Woman is a creator who gives a new life by keeping a baby in her womb for nine months and then nurture and care the life after giving birth.
In today’s fast pace life and with more urbanization, many women do not wish to marry or getting pregnant. The reasons for this could be many, out of which few are career, want to keep body figure, not willing to take responsibilities.
Sometimes a woman marries on time but does not want to conceive or does not breastfeed her newly born; this is very dangerous condition and can give rise to breast cancer.
But this does not mean that women who breast-feed the child and marry on times can not get the cancer.
What all are the causes for breast cancer? How breast cancer is caused? Let us know about it.
What is Cancer?
Human bodies have many cells that develop and damage in a process and keep body healthy and fit. But many times, these cells keep on multiplying and growing in numbers that cause cancer. This is called Oncology in medical language and cause tumor. Tumor is of two types-Benign Tumor and Malignant Tumor.
Causes of Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer can happen to both-male and females, but it is more common in females. In a survey it is found that women are more prone to this after the age of 35 years, and around 25% of them die in absence of any treatment.
Few of the causes of breast cancer are:
- Early start of Menstrual cycles
- Delay in marriage
- Becoming mother in bigger age
- Taking birth control pills
- Not breast-feeding baby
- Excessive growth of Estrogen hormone
Can we prevent Breast Cancer?
Below are few things you can take care to prevent Breast Cancer:
- Immediately run to a doctor if you have any lump in your breast.
- If you feel any pain in your lumps of breast or feel any change in their shapes.
- If you see any mark on the place of swelling and bleeding of any type from breast then immediately show it to a doctor.
- Feel very hard on touching the lump, but does not pain
- If you are above 30 years, then it is good to do routine check-up for breast cancer.
What are the stages in Breast Cancer?
A breast cancer has four stages. It is very rare to diagnose the disease in first stage only, and if it happens for some good luck then the chances of its treatment are good. But as the stage advances the changes of its cure minimizes.
It is said that this disease is curable in first and second stage, and fourth stage also has around 50-50 percent chances of cure sometimes.
- First Stage: In first stage, the size of tumor is smaller than 2 cm and is not even visible from any part of the body.
- Second stage: The size of the tumor grows to 2-5 cm in second stage and reaches to color less liquid gland on the sides but is still not visible.
- Third stage: In this stage, the size increases to five cm and reaches to the skin and muscles of the body but does not reach to the side glands.
- Fourth Stage: This is the most dangerous stage of breast cancer; the tumor size can increase to any size. In this stage along with glands liver and lungs are also affected.
What is the role of an Oncologist in the cure of Breast Cancer?
The doctor who treats cancer is called an Oncologist. On the confirmation of breast cancer in reports, the surgery is done on the painful area as this can save life if done as early as possible. Along with surgery, it is also tested how much it has spread in other parts of body.
Clinical stage can give wrong conclusion of the extension but the surgical stage clears all the condition as the piece from surgery is sent for further biopsy testing to check out its effect on other body parts.