In today’s age of telecommunication when everything is available in a call only, there are so many means of communication available. The major means of communication still is television as it gives visual and audio both information.
Television has become one of the strongest and effective means of entertainment and communication. It has become an integral part of any family and has extended its roots to many homes and everyone seems to be getting addicted to this.
Be it a World Cup Match, Cartoons or serials, television has proved trustworthy and real companion. During our low phase in life when everyone seems to be outsider then its a jolly movie or any romantic song on television that can cheer you up and liven you life again.
But have you ever thought, what negative effect this television is doing on one’s health or mind. A recent British Social Attitudes report says, only 43 percent of regular viewers claimed they are in a good state of health. While in the same survey nearly 59 percent people who watched television rarely rated themselves as healthy.
The reason behind this is not solid and yet to be proved. But this can be seen in the way that your health major depends upon the fact that how active you are mentally and physically. While watching television one’s physical activities are reduced as he remains seated in a place for a long time.
What Should be Done While Watching Television?
1. If one avoids sitting in a place and moves his body in between while watching television, then his body can remain active.
2.You can rotate your hands, shoulder also at the same time. You can add up few exercises also while watching television like rotating your hands, shoulders.
3.At the same time can do your household chores also like cutting vegetables, meals preparation etc?
We are advising you few activities here that you can involve in your daily life while watching television.
Few of the Exercises you can do in Front of Television
(1) Just stand straight. Rotate your arms in clockwise direction. Do it for 20 times and then repeat the same in anti-clockwise direction. This way you can do hands exercise.
(2) Stand straight. Take your right leg and lift it at 45 degrees. Put it back. Repeat the same with the left leg. Do this for at least 5 times.
(3) Put your both hands in your waist. Rotate your waist in clockwise direction first then in anti-clockwise direction. Do this for 10 times at least.
(4) You can add breathing exercises too like deep inhaling and exhaling through lungs.
These are few only while the list is a long. You can add many others likes skipping, jogging etc. also depending upon your preferences. Do whatever but don’t sit in a place for a long time.
Just do remember this thing that in a long runs its only health that will help you. If health is not there then nothing can be proved beneficial to you.