If we go by the work that our government has done in the field of travel and tourism, e-Visa would perhaps be one of the best thing among others.
Indian Nationals now can apply for tourist visas online without making rounds of any embassy.
We remember how we had to visit an embassy every time we needed visa or would go for an agent help.
The hassle-free process of e-Visa reduces the time consumed in the process. Also, the way the things are moving, it seems the stamped visas would become a thing of the past.
What is an e-Visa?
e-Visa refers to the visa that we get electronically by applying online. e-Visa does not have any stamp or any other label like the normal visa has.
The absence of stamp does not mean it is not valid, as it allows you the access to the countries in the same way as the normal visa does.
e-Visa does not require any intermediary and is fully done online.
Who is Eligible for e-Visa?
- e-Visa is not applicable to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- International travelers who want to visit India for the following reasons can apply for e-Visa
Medical treatment for short duration
business meetings (casual ones)
Visiting friends or relatives in India
- The applicant passport of the e-Visa applicant should have at-least two blank pages for the Immigration Officer stamp.
- International applicant should have return ticket also for his journey.
- The International applicant should have sufficient money to spend during the stay in India
Requirements for e-Visa?
In order to apply for e-Visa Online, the scanned copies of the following documents need to be uploaded online in the application form.
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of your passport the information page
- Fully filled application form that you had downloaded from the official website and then filled with your answers and saved as the PDF.
Also Read: Tourist Places in India
Which Indian Airports accept the e-Visa?
Countries offer Electronic e-Visa to Indians?
- Sri Lanka
Dangers of e-Visa
It is advised not to fall into the trap of agents who claim they can grant e-Visa and ask for money in-lieu-of this.
Also, never share your information with any other website by putting your personal data there. The only official website of e-Visa is indianvisaonline.gov.in