There are two categories of people according to their food habits. One group is Vegetarian, another is Non-Vegetarian. There is one more class of people called “Eggetarians”. This last classbelongs to those who eat eggs.
Egg is a rich source of protein and fat also along with minerals and vitamins. The yellow part of egg, known as yolk is rich in fat, cholesterol and essential fatty acids. While white part albumen is rich in protein.
Eggs are used in various cooking recipes and easy to make breakfast option also. Just by including two eggs in your breakfast can bring out best results. You can have them in boiled form or can have omelet.
There are different types of eggs available like chicken eggs, goose eggs and quail eggs.
Protein is important for building muscles and tissues. So include eggs if you are looking for protein as egg white is one of the cheapest and high quality of protein available. It also has Vitamin B12 and little fat with cholesterol.
The outer white part of egg is also rich on Vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals like selenium, zinc, iron and copper. Yellow part called yolk has cholesterol, fat, Vitamins A, D, E and K along with lecithin.
Benefits of Eating Eggs Daily
1. An egg is highly Nutritious and has fat, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B12, Calcium, Zinc, Folate, Selenium, Phosphorus and many other nutrients.
2. An egg has Omega-3 fatty acids which help to cut triglycerides in blood. Triglycerides help in reducing heart problems.
3. Cholesterol in eggs do not affect blood cholesterol. Our liver produces cholesterol so when we eat eggs, liver produces less cholesterol.
4. An egg is a rich source of HDL(High Density Lipoprotein). HDL is a good cholesterol and helps in preventing heart diseases.
4. Choline present in eggs contain vitamins which help in making cell membranes and helps in the proper functioning of brain. An egg has about 100mg of Choline.
5. An egg contains various minerals and micronutrients which are good for eye-sight.
6. An egg is a good source of Protein with essential amino acids which help in keeping our muscles and body parts healthy.