Cinnamon is one of the must-have spices in any kitchen which adds flavor to any food.
It is also being used for many of its other health and weight-loss benefits. Everyone seems to be recommended its use to remain fit and fine.
But is there any truth that cinnamon helps in weight loss?
What is Cinnamon?
Cinnamon is the name of a spice that is used in making foods to add its flavor. The spice is obtained from the bark of Cinnamon tree which is first dried before use. In the process of drying, it gets into the shape of curls which are called Cinnamon sticks.
Cinnamon is rich in cinnamyl acetate, cinnamyl alcohol and cinnamaldehyde. These substances together give cinnamon a sharp flavor and smell.
One can buy Cinnamon in the form of powder or sticks available in the market. The best way is to use in the form of sticks as it avoids the adulteration that could happen in powder form.
Health Benefits of Fenugreek or Methi Seeds
What are the Benefits of Cinnamon?
- Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants. A study revealed that the amount of antioxidants found is higher than garlic or Orgeno.
- It helps in curing mental stress and depression.
- Cinnamon is one of the medicines in the cure of diabetes and body inflammation. This helps in the fat reduction in the body.
- A small quantity of Cinnamon taken after meal can help in control of rising blood sugar levels.
- Since Cinnamon aids in controlling blood sugar and fat reduction, therefore its use can help in weight loss.
- Cinnamon aids food digestion so that our body feels fuller for a longer time and this reduces the intake of more food.
How much Cinnamon should we Use daily?
Cinnamon has a very strong flavor and should be used in a smaller quantity in daily use for the following reasons:
- Cinnamon contains a chemical called “courmarin” which can result into toxins if used in a larger quantity
- Since Cinnamon is useful in curing diabetes therefore, if it is used along with sugar medicine or insulin then it could cause hypoglycaemia or hypoglycemia
Also Read: When the blood sugar is too low