Our human body is a well-coordinated, miraculously balanced, sophisticated machine. The normal core body temperature of a healthy, resting adult human being is stated to be at 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit or 37.0 degrees Celsius.
Know about Inner and Outer core of our body
If we divide our body into two regions, the inner one is core and the outer one is a shell. The core body temperature should be maintained in the acceptable range, so the main function of the shell is to regulate temperature either by losing heat or gaining heat in case of thermal crisis. Hypothalamus is the structure in the brain that senses and guard the elevation of core body temperature.
If the core body temperature increases beyond the upper safe limit of approximately 100°F (39°), it leads the body to hyperthermic state. To counter a hyperthermic state, the hypothalamus initiates an increase in blood volume by dilation of blood vessels directing the warmed blood toward the surface of the skin to promote its cooling accompanied by sweating.
On the other hand, if the temperature falls down, the body tries to maintain temperature by conserving body heat near the core of the body. The body is about 70% fluid and any fluids taken into the body becomes part of that 70%.
As per temperature, water can be termed as:
- Cold (5°C): Refrigerated water
- Cool (16°C): Cool tap water
- Tepid (26°C): Water at room temperature
- Warm (58°C): e.g. Coffee, tea
Is it Harmful to drink cold water?
Harms of Drinking cold water
– Cold beverages tend to shrink the blood vessel, restricting blood to the digestive system, hampering digestion as well as extinguishing the digestive fire.
– Colder the water is, the more energy the body will need to consume and time the spent in the process in order to heat it and regulating body temperature.
– Cold water, if consumed after meals, leads to overproduction of mucus, decreasing immune efficiency.
– Consumption of cold water with or after meals solidifies fats from the foods we’ve just eaten, overburdening the whole body to digest it. Fat deposit on the inner wall of the intestine, which can eventually result in intestinal cancer.
Is it Beneficial to drink warm water?
Here are some benefits to drinking water that is room temperature or warmer:
- A better and faster way of hydration
- The action of digestive enzymes is enhanced, breaking down food very easily
- Better bowel movement
- It detoxifies the blood and destroys harmful bacteria in our body.
- helps in melting the fat deposits
How to Start taking Warm Water?
1. 1 or 2 glasses (240-300ml) of hot water, early in the morning, once you wake up and before brushing your teeth – at standing position. Start taking warm after early morning. This may initially cause discomfort and nausea, but you will get used to it eventually.
2. 1 or 2 glasses of hot water, after brushing your teeth, before having your breakfast.
3. At least three glasses of hot water throughout the morning.
4. One glass of hot water at least 15-30 minutes before a meal.
5. At least two glasses of hot water throughout the evening (Best if four glasses).
6. One glass of hot water, before going to sleep.
The Water shall be hot at a temperature of around (50°C) that means hot enough to feel it while drinking, but affordable, without causing a burn.
Benefits of Drinking warm water in the morning?
- Warm water helps to flush out the intestinal system and improve bowel movement, decreasing transit time and assisting easy evacuation of faeces, thus relieving constipation.
- It stimulates the stomach organ and other glands and prepares the body for its first meal of the day, i.e., breakfast.
- It helps flush the kidneys of excess stomach acids.
Is it good to drink warm water after meal
Aids in Digestion
- Drinking warm water stimulates the digestive glands to function optimally.
- It helps the body get rid of excess stomach acids and neutralizes digestive juices.
- Consuming warm water after meals helps to wash down the food and accelerate your metabolism.
- Drinking warm water also supports digestive activity and allows the body to absorb essential nutrients.
- Regulate bowel movement
- Drinking a glass of warm water may satisfy your hunger and fill you up.
- Warm water after a greasy meal may help you wash down rich, heavy foods and aid digestion faster.
Benefits of Drinking warm water before bed
- Taking warm water before sleeping may help the body rehydrate and replenish the liquids, minerals it has lost during the day’s activities.
- Warm water relaxes muscles and soothes your nerves. It may thus help to eliminate insomnia and provide restful sleep.
- Drinking warm water before going to bed may also help your body to purge toxins while you sleep.
- Warm water may also help stave off midnight hunger pangs.
9 Benefits of drinking warm water
Your body loses a ton of essential fluids through sweating during the course of your workout. It also depletes its reserves of vitamins and minerals post exercise.
Without water, you are in serious danger of dehydration and fatigue. Warm water helps to replace the fluids lost during the workout. Additionally, warm water may continue the calorie burning process triggered by your intensive workout long after you stop exercising.
Why and How to Stay Hydrated during Workout
- Weight Loss
Pure water without any additives contains zero calories. Warm water (especially warm water with lemon juice) has been found to shed extra kilos as it gears up body metabolism. Regularly drinking warm water helps to rehydrate, curb unhealthy snacking habits and aids better digestion.
- Enhances Blood Circulation and Promotes A Healthy Nervous System
Warm water enhances your blood circulation, which is important for proper muscle and nerve activity. In addition, it keeps your nervous system healthy by breaking down the fat deposits around neural tissues.
- Promotes the health of hair, Prevents Dandruff and Promotes Hair growth
Warm water keeps your scalp hydrated and helps fight against dry scalp or dandruff. Warm water also activates the roots and subsequently accelerates the growth of your hair. Drinking warm water is also good for obtaining soft, shiny hair.
- Menstrual Cramps
It is quite a common remedy to use hot water bottles or hot compresses to relieve cramps accompanied by the monthly flow. However, drinking hot water can also aid in diminishing menstrual cramps and spasms. The heat of the water has a calming and soothing effect on the abdominal muscles.
- Body Detoxification
Hot water is a perfect detoxifying agent. When we drink hot water, our body temperature shoots up. To regulate elevated heat, body sweats and flush out harmful substance from the body. Also, hot water enhances bowel movement and get rid of unwanted substance. For optimal results, add a squeeze of lemon before drinking.
- Prevents Premature Aging
Ageing a natural process but the appearance of fine wrinkles, lines, dryness, loose skin can be troublesome. Drinking hot water helps to repair the skin cells that increase the elasticity of your skin and are affected by harmful free radicals halting process of skin age.
- Prevents Acne and Pimples
Hot water detoxifies your blood, flushes toxins out of the other on them and eliminates the root causes of acne-related infections.
- Suppresses Cough and Assists with Nasal and Throat Congestion
Honey and warm water for a cough is a traditional form of cough suppressant. Warm saline gargles can provide instant relief during cold and flu season.Individuals may find instant relief from an itchy, sore throat. Lemon can be squeezed too. Warm water dissolves phlegm and also helps to remove it from the respiratory tract.
- SkinDrinking warm water for skin helps to cleanse the body of toxins, which usually manifest themselves as acne or breakouts. Your skin is one more indicator of your digestive health. A healthy, radiant skin usually emphasizes a clear digestive system. For teenagers and young adults, warm water for acne remedies helps to keep the skin clear of bacteria and unclog the pores. It is also the best moisturizer for parched skin. Washing your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser will help you maintain acne free skin.https://www.omilights.com/grandmothers-remedies-of-diseases-with-warm-saline-gargles/
Benefits of Drinking Warm Water in Morning
Is there any risk of Warm water that an individual must pay Attention to
- Warm water acts as a diuretic, which means you may experience frequent urination.
- Drinking more than the recommended amount of warm water (8 glasses) may make you feel bloated, nauseated and uncomfortable.
- Drinking too much warm water in a short period of time may lead to shortness of breath, distended stomach and in some rare cases, fatalities.
Hydrotherapy-Benefits, Types and Precautions