Narender Modi government completed its four years of tenure on 26 May, 2018. Modi took oath the same day four years back after the huge victory in elections against its rival parties.
In the oath ceremony of Modi, first time the seven countries were participating seeking future support and bonding. These seven countries were, Nepal, China, Maldives, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Pakistan, Bangladesh.
But if we see in current scenarios, the relationship with these countries is not so good. For example, Nepal came closer to China, China to Pakistan.
Three Historical Decisions made by Modi
28-29 November 2018: 500 and 1000 currency notes were demolished to remove black money from India.
- Surgical Strike
8 November 2017: Indian army defeated Pakistan by entering into later’s border and killed the terrorists disturbing India’s line of control.
1 July 2017: In the midnight hours of 1 July 2017, the parliament was illuminating as it was happening for the fourth time only in the complete history of Independent India, that it was opened in the night hours.
Read all about Goods and Service Tax.
In four years of his tenure, Prime Minister Modi traveled around 55 countries which raised eyebrows of many diplomats and opposition parties.
Highlights of Narender Modi Four Years of Government
- Fasal Bima Yojna : On 13 January, 2016 Prime Minister fasal Yojna was started. The objective of this scheme was to insure the crops and provide insurance coverage and support to the farmers in case of any natural calamity or if the crops gets damaged due to infection by pests. It encourages the farmers to adopt modern agricultural practices.But as per the survey 31, 182 farmers have committed suicide from June 2014 to My 2016. There condition is not so good and living a very poor life. Those who insured under this scheme are not aware that the soil health card was also expected to be made under this. They are not aware what is soil inspection in actual. But 62 lakh people are believed to be beneffited by this scheme.
- Manrega labour is not getting enough work and the condition is not good so far. Agriculture development rate has been normal in Modi government. Farmers are unhappy and not contented with the speeches made by Modi. The schemes started by Modi are not fruitful. The farmers are raising their voice against the schemes and ready to come on the road.
- Jan dhan yojna : Often work done by Modi government is compared with the earlier congress government. For example, Indira Gandhi did the nationalization of banks in her tenure. Modi started Jan dhan yojna. So both the steps are compared as they both were taken to please the low income group people. According to the records, Indira Gandhi step resulting into the strengthening of the banks while Modi’s Jan dhan yojna did the reverse. Businessmen llike Nirav modi, Vijay Malaya fled from India when they were caught red-handed. This again raised the question on the government.The Jan dhan yojna encouraged people to open their accounts in banks. As per records, 1.5 crores new accounts were opened in bank and 1.7 crore Rupey card were issues. But the scheme could not increase the credit growth due to which normal man could not get the benefit or the credit that he deserves. NPA has risen four times in four years.
- Ujjwala yojna for gas connection: This yojna is claimed to have given 26.7 lakh connection were given to the poor families
- Swacch yojna: It created 79.3 lakh domestic toilets in villages
- Pradhan mantri awaas yojna: It made many new roads and highways
- Encouraged Foreign investment in India
- GDP increased in Indian economy
- Historical judgement by Supreme court on Triple Talaq. Read all about Triple Talaq and why was it news
- Modi saw a dream of “Digital India” to make villages cashless. In an attempt the first cashless village was “Dhasai”. This is another thing that the swipe machines did not work in most of the shops. When asked people, they told it happened due to electricity failure or slow network services. This is very difficult to connect 2.5 lakhs villages to the country due to low internet connectivity. According to survey 11.5% panchayat could be seen working on internet and that was also very slow. On the other hand Akodara village of Gujarat is an exception and became the first cashless digital village in India. The dream of Modi of making “Digital India” seems to be difficult till the Internet connectivity is not improved
- Modi encourage domestic business and promoted start-ups. It started a scheme to give loan to the start-ups which after getting approval. 6981 startup were selected but 99 were given fund. only 82 were exempted from tax. More than one thousand startups got closed once they started
- Ayushman Bharat scheme of Modi government of health-for-all took shape in the fourth year of the government into rule. It ensures a health insurance cover of up to 5 lakh per year to vulnerable persons or poor families. It is considered to be the world’s largest public funded health insurance programme run in any country if implemented successfully.Medical treatment is not very easy in developing countries like India and is like a burden on any family. Those families which are not poor get poorer due to sudden medical bills and expenses. The modi government scheme of Ayushman bharat for health care will ensure this not to happen. But its success depends only on the awareness and availability of medical facilities in all ares.
- Awaas yojna run by Modi government is claimed to build 11 lakhs houses for villages and 1.7 lakhs houses in cities.