The real beauty of winters lies in its food. One can taste different variety of foods in lovely winters. Cheelas are all time favourites to me in winters. So, going to share with you recipe of Ragi Cheelas which sound tasty and healthy also same time.
Recipe of Making Ragi Cheela at Home
- Ragi (nachni / red millet) flour- 1 cup
- Semolina or sooji (rava)- 100 gms
- Curd – 1 cup
- 2 tbsp grated cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp grated cabbage
- 1 tsp grated capsicum
- 1 tbsp green peas
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp garlic – ginger paste ( you may skip for kids)
- salt to taste
- Oil or ghee for cooking
- chutney or sauce to serve
How to make Cheela?
1. Take a bowl and put Ragi flour, semolina and curd in it together and mix well.
2. Add salt, asafoetida and water to make a smooth batter of pouring consistency. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Add all the vegetables to the batter and blend using hand blender.
4. Heat the non-stick tava (griddle), apply little oil over it, spread it well and wipe lightly.
5. Pour a spoon full of batter and make thin chila over the tava by cooking on both the sides.
6. Serve hot with chutney or sause.
If you don’t want to use curd or don’t have it at home then you can only water to mix the ingredients.