What is a virus?
Virus is normally that organism which neither comes under the class of a living or a non-living. It cannot grow its own and remains inactive.
How COVID19 virus is different from a normal virus?
Covid-19 is a viral infection caused by the coronavirus family of viruses. It is more of a respiratory illness. This is something new and has been never met before. As, a result no vaccine is developed for its cure.
Normal virus infects upper respiratory part from nose to neck. Or, it infect from neck to lungs. But Coronavirus can infect other parts of the body. This is unique virus that can be transmitted very easily. It has come from other animal to human being
It is caused by a member of the coronavirus family that has never been met before. Like other coronaviruses, it has transferred to humans from animals. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared it a pandemic.
Also read: 7 Important lessons given by Corona COVID-19
COVID-19 was first identified in Wuhan, China. Sooner, it started spreading to other parts of the globe. The main cause of this virus is still not known but it is true that it was spread from eating some animal to the human body. Though it initially transferred from an animal to a human body but researches have proven that it can be transmitted via human-to-human.
COVID-19, SARS and MERS – Animal to human diseases
SARS stand for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, and MERS stands for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. These are the diseases caused by the spread of virus from animals to human body. Though the origin source of virus spread is still not known in these cases. COVID-19 is also a animal-to-human spread virus but it has infected more people than SARS and MERS and has impaced large population of the globe.
Symptoms of COVID19 infection
Normal symptoms of any viral flu are same which include body aches, pains, sore throat, fever etc. But the death rate by COVID-19 infection is 3.5 percent more than any normal viral flu.
Choronoavirus symptoms are commonly related to pneumonia.
Is there any cure of COVID19 infection?
No medicine has been developed for the cure of COVID-19 so far. The virus if comes in contact with a healthy person can make him infected too.
- Only social distancing and proper hygiene is the cure for this.
- Keep on washing hands with soap/alcohol based sanitizer often is a must.
- Virus can spread from human-to-human but good hygiene is the only cure of it.
- It is advised to remain inside home under ‘home curfew’. This is because a virus needs a host which is a human body to grow and if it does not find any body for 14-15 hours, it will die itself. This will help to break the chain of this infection. And, this is only possible if one stays inside and try to avoid going out public unless and until it is not urgent.
- Keep on washing your hands with soap again and again. It is advisable to wash your hands atleast 10 times in a day.
- University College of London has done this research on more than 1600 people that washing your hands atleast 10 times in a day can prevent you from the COVID19 infection.
If proper measures are not taken and social distancing is not maintained COVID-19 can kill atleast 60% of the population.