Kapil Mohan who was better known as the face behind “Old Monk” died on 6 January, 2018 at the age of 88 years as per the reports. Mohan was not well for very long time and died of cardiac arrest. He is now survived by his wife, Pushpa Mohan.
Kapil Mohan had served in the first known brewery in India, “Mohan Meakin” as the Chariman and Managing Director since 1973. Mohan Meakin Ltd. makes Old Monk among other beverages. Kapil Mohan was the Brigadier (retd.) and serviced Mohan Meakin Ltd. at top positions which makes Old Monk among other beverages. But due to bad health his nephews Hemant Mohan and Vinay Mohan were taking care of the business.
Achievements by Kapil Mohan
1. He was the MD and Chairman of the first known brewery, Mohan Meakin Ltd. in India
2. He was a recipient of Vishisht Seva Medal
3. Served as the Director of Arthos Breweries Limited
4. Served as the Director of Mohan Rocky Springwater Breweries Limited
5. Served as the Director of Sagar Sugars and Allied Products Limited
6. Served as the Director of R. R. B. Energy Limited and Solchrome Systems India Limited
7. Recipient of Padma Shri, fourth highest Indian Civilian Award.