Our grandparents and their parents would always keep this small food ingredient in their kitchen. And it was the must-have item in their daily diet. But now, it has gone out of many modern kitchens nowadays.
The small brown seed which was quite indispensable and would cure most of the diseases is Flax Seeds or Also seeds.
It must have so many health benefits, owing to which our grandparents would always keep it in their kitchen store.
Flax seeds are not very expensive and can be easily bought from the market.
Let us read how and what quantity of Flax seeds should be eaten. And, also what harm can flax seeds cause if taken in excess amount.
Flax Seeds For A Healthy Heart
These small brown seeds of Flax help us to fight heart diseases. It has soluble fibres that easily dissolve and helps in controlling the amount of cholesterol. This helps in the thinning of blood and allows easy flow of blood in the body. Thus, the chances of heart-attack are reduced.
The soluble fibre of flax seeds does not let the unhealthy fat and cholesterol be absorbed by the digestive system. Also, it helps in controlling bile which is a result of cholesterol in the gall bladder.
Flax Seeds Are Good For Diabetes
Flax seeds also control blood sugar, and those having diabetes can add this to their diet. Thus, the body remains energetic and improves efficiency.
Those who have seafood allergy can have flax seeds as they are a good source of Omega-3 Fatty acids.
flax seeds are very useful for those who have gluten-sensitivity. As a result of this, it could be a great substitute of grain being used in cooking.
Flax Seeds For Weight Loss
In studies, it is found that the addition of flax seeds in your diet can help fight obesity. Fat present in flax seeds is healthy and make you feel fuller for a longer time. So, one eats fewer calories which may lead to weight loss.
Since flaxseeds help in reducing body fat, therefore, it helps in weight reduction too.
You can flax seeds to salads, soups or any other dish as part of your weight loss plan.
Flax Seeds Slow Down Ageing
The anti-oxidants and Phytochemicals present in flax seeds reduce the signs of ageing. It prevents wrinkles and keeps skin tighten. The skin always remains youth and shining.
Also Read: How Cinnamon can be used to control weight?
Cancer Cure With Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are believed to cure different types of cancer like breast cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer or colon cancer.
Proven records of breast cancer cure with flax seeds have been found because of the presence of three lignans found in them. These lignans get converted into enterolactone and enterodiol which are very useful in controlling the hormones causing cancer.
Flax Seeds Oil For Body Massage
Flax seeds oil can be used for body massage. The oil brings glow on the skin and makes the body healthy and strong.
Flax seeds are very good for hair growth and its texture.
Cure Menopausal Disorders With Flax Seeds
Use of flax seeds can reduce the disorders associated with it, few of which involve mood swings, irritability, bone and muscle pains etc.
How To Use Flax Seeds?
Two or three spoons of flax seeds are recommended in a day. Flax can be used in the following ways.
- Flax seeds should be eaten in powder form or chewed properly. If they are not ground properly, then come out of the body as it is
- You can also add flax seeds to salads, soups, or shakes
- Flax seeds can be added to dough, breads-jam, bread-butter, paranthas, puris or to any food items you eat
Is There Any Harm In Using Flax Seeds?
- Although flax seeds are very useful in overall body health, it could be sometime harmful also if used with other medications. For example, if you are using blood pressure medicine then using flax seeds can drop down it to a very low level
- Flax seeds are good for the digestive system. But if you take it in more quantity, it can cause loose motions
- Blood sugar level can also go down to a dangerous level if flax seeds are used in excess
- Breastfeeding or pregnant ladies should consult with their gynaecologist before starting eating flax seeds
- Flax seeds can worsen bleeding problems of people as it can cause thinning of blood