A child is a gift of god to parents and, if don’t believe then just ask those who are deprived of this blessings. Nurturing and bringing up a child seems to be a simple task, but trust us it’s not that easy.
Also Read: How to Raise a Son?
A child needs more attention than love as that can help in his personality development in a long run. Love is an emotional feeling that comes itself as this is your own child. But always loving in the name of caring and to prove you are a good parent is never advisable.
Loving someone all the time can make you weak and, ignore many negative things that happens as a result of this. On the other hand, if you pay attention to all the little things belonging to your kid and pay good attention, then that could be more fruitful in a long run.
A small sapling that we grow needs constant care and attention from our side. We need to give attention and care to the sapling to make it grow to a fully grown plant.
Also Read: Mothers Day Celebrations
Most of the parents are working now-a- days and leave their kids in a crèche or day care centres. They leave office in the morning and come back in the evening. But this does not mean that those who are working mothers are not good mothers also.
Generally, people have misconception that staying home mothers take more care of their kids than those who spend most of their time in office. But recent surveys have disproved this as according to them its attention that matters.
It’s not the love or time you spend with the kids, but quality of time that you spend with them. For example, if you are a housewife and your child is at home but he spends a lot of time in front of tv or other activities and you are not stopping him in doing that, then your child is not going to listen you, no matter if you scold or beat him.
On the other hand if you are a working mom and spend at-least some time by sitting you child with you and share with the things happened in the day, then it could improve your bonding.
If we go by the plus and minus points of working and non- working parents then this would go a long far and the debate would start.
But there are few things that could be taken by both types of parents to improve child parent relationships. We are adding here 11 secrets that can help but if you feel like then can add more in the comment box.
Tips to Improve your Relationship with Kids
- Wake your kid 10-15 minutes early in the morning if not much. This will give you at-least some time to spend with each other.
- You can drop your kid at the gate to see them off if leave office after the kids.
- You can call your kids once they are back from school, or can ask them to call you once they are done with clothes and food.
- You can talk about the things happened in the school or the things have been asked in the school or the homework given by the teacher.
- You can also ask them if they feel any difficulty in homework or need any help.
- Also, ask them to write or imagine something about a particular topic of their choice. Every child has a born talent and, it’s your responsibility to find it out and help if blossom.
- Parents often think that taking kids outside and have dinner and lunch outside can strengthen the relationship. But this is not true as kids want your time and if you are staying at home and talking together and enjoying then that is more than enough.
- Never lie with your kids and try to present a clear picture in front of them as much as possible.
- Inhibit the habit of doing little household chores themselves, as this will make them more responsible and cut your burden. Try to cultivate the feeling of self-dependence in them.
- Present them a situation and ask if they were in that situation and what they would have done then. Also, involve them in little financial discussion and aware them with the financial terms like credit card, debit card, currency, loans etc.
- Always ask them to give respect to the elders and love to the young ones. They will feel good for you and will be thankful in the life.