Heart is a pumping machine which supplies and purifies blood in the body. Heart diseases refer to the complications that are related with heart and effect its normal functioning. Like any machine, it also needs a regular check-up and proper maintenance to make it running without failure.
But many times we get heart diseases in the form of high blood pressure, strokes, coronary artery diseases etc.
If you are also feeling dizziness, fatigue or tired, chances are that you have high blood pressure. Our body gives symptoms initially if it is trying to cope up with heart diseases on its own, but if the things go beyond its limit, it could result into Coronary Attack or Heart Attack and even death.
So, it is very important to completely know what all diseases are related to heart and the various factors causing them.
Also Read: How Quitting Smoking can Cure Heart Diseases
7 Most common reasons of Heart Diseases
What are the 3 most common heart diseases?
Although there are many heart diseases like, congenital heart disease, high blood pressure, Heat strokes, cardiac arrest etc. the most common three heart diseases that most of the people suffer are:
- Coronary artery diseaseIt is also termed as Atherosclerosis which occurs when lipid deposition of plaque deposits in coronary arteries. The arteries get blocked and narrow which then blocks the flow of blood to the heart resulting into Coronary Artery Disease.If initial precautions are not taken, the plaque can get rapture causing heart attack.
So, Coronary Artery disease is very dangerous and crucial steps should be taken to avoid this, and if you are already suffering with that, please take precautionary steps to avoid this. The plaque is nothing new in body as it was always inside us but when we get older it creates burden on the heart by depositing in the blood vessels causing clotting and heart attack.
Early signs of coronary artery disease
- Difficulty in breathing
- Exertion and fatigue
- Uneven pulsations
How to avoid coronary artery disease?
- Take less stress
- Exercise frequently. Start with few walking steps and then move to heavy brisk walk and other exercises
- Eat healthy food including fruits, pulses, vegetables and other dairy products
- Shred off excessive weight
- High blood pressure
A normal blood pressure of a human body is 120/80. But if it is more than 140 or over 90 or above then it is called high blood pressure. If lower limit is 80 and upper is high or vice versa, then also you have a high blood pressure.High blood pressure often results from inactive lifestyle and taking of high salt in diet.Other factors responsible for this are Ageing, family history of high blood pressure and Originality.High blood pressure is not safe as it result into heart attack and kidney related diseases.Also Read: 5 Ways to Avoid Heart Diseases?
Early Signs of high blood pressureA high blood pressure normally does not have any symptoms many times. So to know if you have high blood pressure, get it checked. But if you have some basic symptoms then it is recommended to get yourself checked with GP.
- Pain in eyes
- Pain in arms
How to avoid high blood pressure ?
- Take less salt in your diet
- Be more active
- Start meditating and breathing exercises. People have stopped taking Blood pressure pills by doing Pranayama like Anulom Vilom.
- Drink a lot of water
- Include citric fruit like lemon in your diet. It helps in thinning of blood.
- Stay away from alcoholic drinks
- Cardiac Heart Attack
- Cardiac arrest or heart attack
Heart Attack is a complete damage to the heart muscle. Heart muscles play a very important in the proper functioning of heart. But heart muscles also need a constant supply of oxygen to nourish them.But if you are suffering with Coronary Artery Diseases causes narrowing of arteries, the flow of blood is affected.
This causes plaque to deposit on the walls of arteries. A Plaque is a deposit of calcium, proteins, and other inflammatory cells. It is soft from inside of the arteries and hard from outsides.When the plaque raptures, it forms blood-clots and completely blocks the flow of oxygen to the arteries and muscles. When muscles are deprived of oxygen, it leads to Cardiac Heart Attack.Every coronary artery serves the purpose of supplying oxygen to a particular region of heart.So, the damage to a part of heart depends upon the damage to that particular artery serving to that part. Once the heart attack happens, the muscles start repairing themselves but could not do completely many times. The pumping functionality of heart is affected and could not be healed-up with time. Therefore, it is said that first heart-attack is a preventive symptom to start looking after your heart. As, if it happens then the chances of recovery reduces to a greater extent.
Early signs of cardiac heart attack
Acting immediately at the first sign of cardiac arrest can improve the chances of your recovery. The chances of survival become minimal with the passage of time and could result into death also.
- Chest Pain
- Pain in the back of the body is also one of the symptoms that many ignore
- Discomfort in upper body like, shoulders, neck, above stomach and arms
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweating
- Nausea or Vomiting like feeling
How to avoid cardiac heart attack?
- Take nutritious and health diet
- Avoid Smoking as it is one of the common cause behind heart attack
- Control your blood sugar levels
- Take a control on blood pressure
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Take less stress and meditate more
So, it is concluded that any disease related to heart can be avoid if preventive steps are taken on time. Heart is made up of valves and muscles which play an important role in its health. But it’s our unhealthy life style, inactivity, lack of exercise, poor eating habits that cause it to malfunction.
There are many heart diseases that are genetics or right from the birth but they can also be cured by improving life-style and doing proper exercises keeping heart in mind.