Nariyal ki Barfi from milk powder tastes super yummy. It is also a variation to the traditional recipe of coconut barfi which is prepared with mawa or khoya or milkmaid. Today I’ll be sharing with you the recipe of delicious nariyal or coconut Barfi which is prepared from powdered milk.
You can make this delicacy in a very short time span with minimum required ingredients.
Also Read: The nut with a Shell-“Coconut”
We will not use added sugar in our recipe but the barfi would turn out to be perfect creamy sweet which readily melts in your mouth. You can serve milk powder coconut barfi as a dessert after any meal or have it when you crave for something sweet. It can serve as a great snack for your kids. These barfi can be consumed on your fasting days as well. Keep these barfi in refrigerator and microwave for ten seconds before consumption. Barfi should be tried to consume within a week.
Recipe to make Coconut Barfi
Ingredients Required to Make Coconut Barfi
- Milk powder- 300 grams
- Milk – 200 ml
- Unsalted butter or ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Grated coconut – 100 gms
- Finely chopped almonds or pistachios for garnishing – 2 tablespoon
Steps to Make Barfi
- Take a heavy base pan or kadai. Pour milk and let it boil.
- Once milk gets boiled, reduce the flame and add ghee.
- Add milk powder in small batches and whisk it properly so that no lumps are formed. Constantly stir milk and add whole milk powder slowly.
- Add grated coconut to the mixture and cook on medium flame by constantly stirring the milk , so that it doesn’t stick to the pan. Cook it until it turns dense in consistency.
- Switch off the flame, grease a plate with ghee. Pour the mixture in the plate and refrigerate the sweet for 1 hour. Spread chopped almonds or pistachios.
- Once the mixture is hardened then you can cut the Barfi pieces in whatever shape you want. I used Cookie Cutter as a mold to make different shapes of Barfi.