Sachin Tendulkar Life
Sachin was born on 24 April, 1973 and is one of the former cricketer of India. He is considered as one of the greatest cricketer of all time.
The full name of Sachin Tendulkar is “Ramesh Sachin Tendulkar”.
Sachin Tendulkar took up cricket at the age of 11 years and played his first International match against Pakistan on 15 November, 1986 in a test match. He made only 15 runs in the first test match and could make only 50 in the other match.The life journey of Sachin Tendulkar including his struggle, marriage, records, retirement, awards etc. is so huge that it would need a complete biography on him.
The director James Erskine and producers Ravi Bhagchandika and Carnival Motion Pictures have come up with a biopic of Sachin Tendulkar that was released on 26 May 2017, “Sachin A Billion Dreams”
Sachin Tendulkar – A Billion Dreams
A Billion Dreams is a movie based on the life of God of cricket, “Sachin Tendulkar”.
The movie is directed by James Erskine and produced by Ravi Bhagchandika and Carnival Motion Pictures under “200 not out Productions”. The movie was released on 26 May 2017 in five languages – English, Hindi, Tamil, Marathi and Telugu.
The film narrates the life story of Sachin Tendulkar, and all about his journey from childhood to becoming a legend.
The biopic of master blaster is getting very good response in the box office collection. People are showering their love on their favourite cricketer by using their pocket-money in watching the movie.
Also Read: Captain Cool Mahender Singh Dhoni
Debut of Sachin Tendulkar in acting
When asked, Sachin told that though he has done many commercials but was never offered any role in movie. When the offer came for acting in movie then also Sachin rejected by saying he could not do it, saying a sportsman is a sportsman only and not an actor. But the producer of the movie and his wife, Anjali convinced Sachin to do the movie.
Why name of the movie is “A Billion Dreams”?
Decision of selecting name of the movie was left to the people on Twitter. Sachin Tendulkar started a contest on the social media platform and asked people to choose the name of his upcoming film. After the contest only, the name of the movie was finalised.
Sachin did promotions of the movie not in India but worldwide too. He went to London to promote the movie in May 2017.
Music of “A Billion Dreams”
The music of the film is composed by the legendary A.R. Rahman and the lyrics are written by Irshad Kamil.
6 facts in “Sachin A Billion Dreams”
The movie told some unspoken truths of Sachin Tendulkar life which would have not been out for public had it not been in the movie.
- Sachin Tendulkar‘s sister, Savita Tendulkar gave him the first bat of her life. The producer of the film said, “A cricketer’s first bat is always extremely precious and special, as it marks the beginning of a journey. Sachin till date remembers that his first bat was gifted to him by his sister, Savita”.
- In the movie, Sachin reveals how he carries a separate bag of grips for his favorite bats along with a small bag containing sandpaper, glue and those things that are needed to mend bats.
- Sachin reveals in the movie how his teammates would come to him to repair their bats and he would do that overnight.
- Sachin met Anjali at an airport in 1990. Anjali Tendulkar was Anjali Mehta prior to marriage. Anjali had come to receive her mother with her friend and just loved the cuteness of Sachin when first saw him. Till that time she was not aware who was Sachin Tendulkar.Her friend Aparna who accompanied her at the airport told her that the cute boy is Sachin Tendulkar who is the poster boy of Indian cricket. Anjali revealed how they used to write love letters during their courtship as there was no internet connectivity that time.
- Sachin was made captain in 1996 for the first time. But after getting the title, his performance slowed down and people started blaming that he was not able to carry that extra pressure of captainship.When India lost 1999 Wold Cup under the leadership of Mohammad Azharuddin, Sachin was offered to become captain for the second time later on which he just refused
- Sachin complained of Greg Chappell to one of the board officials in 2007 when he was the Indian cricket coach. The film tells about the arrogant and dominant nature of Greg Chappell. Greg followed the policy of ‘divide and rule’.