Kaju katli or Kaju ki barfi is one of the famous sweet that people love to eat with great love. It is made up of cashew nuts, milk, sugar and dry fruits with silver vark.
Can we eat Kaju katli or barfi in navratri or other fasts also?
This is one of the most commonly asked question by people, who are fasting but want to eat kaju ki barfi on the day of fast. Actually, this sweet does not have anything that cannot have on fast but if it is purchased from market, the possibility is that it can have glucose syrup instead of sugar to sweeten it up. The glucose syrup is made up of wheat, rice, sugar or other grain. So, it is always good to make it at home as it is very simple and easy to make.
Recipe to make Kaju katli(barfi) at home
Ingredients required in making Kaju ki barfi
- Broken cashew nuts: 100 gm
- Small quantity of saffron to give a taste and color
- 8 tablespoon of sugar or as per your taste
- Around 1/2 teaspoon powder of green cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- Water to boil and mix the ingredients
- Silver vark if needed
Steps to make Kaju ki Barfi
- Grind cashew nuts properly into a fine powder in a grinder.
- Boil required amount of water in a pan.
- When the water is boiled properly, add sugar and saffron to it.
- Till the time, prepare a plate with grease on it and keep aside.
- The mixture should form a thick and sticky syrup. But don’t overdo this as this can harden the resulted kaju katli.
- Add the powdered cardamom powder to the syrup and allow them to mix together.
- Add cashew nut grounded powder to the mixture above and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take out the mixture from the pan, and spread on the greased plate you prepared above. Cool it to a room temperature.
- Knead the mixture before taking it out of the plate. Now, take it to a tray and cut into the desired shape.
- You can decorate it with silver verk or can keep it simple. Serve the delicious tasty home made Kaju ki barfi to your loving ones.
Also Read: Recipe to make Arbi Cutlets
See, how fast and easily you can make kaju ki barfi at home. You can have it or serve to others. It is healthy and delicious as well at the same time.